Leadership is a natural human talent, not a job. We are all capable of leading and we all do it. In our organisations, we often feel inhibited to lead. The word has become confused with executive management. We often wait for permission to lead; for leadership to be bestowed upon us.
Human Spaces need leaders; lots of them, with diverse talents that come to the fore at different times.
We support leaders to grow their leadership effectiveness, both individually and collectively:
- Growing self-awareness: developing strengths, managing blind-spots, building flexibility
- Growing self-management: acting from choice and emotional control
- Discovering leadership purpose: the source of energy, motivation and resilience
- Balancing “stepping up” (action) and “stepping back” (reflection)
- Becoming more effective in both actions and relationships
- Developing leadership practices and skills
- Being accountable for ourselves and our actions
Confidence - choosing what to do, clarity about the outcome, understanding the issue, and choosing appropriate and effective options for action.
Competence - knowing how to do it, developing skills and techniques for getting to action. Reflecting, learning and applying the learning to the next phase.
Courage - Getting into action, having the courage to do things differently, without inhibition but with full awareness.